If you have been relying on Google Reader to keep up with your favorite blogs, you probably received notice by email quite a while back that Google was doing away with it. Well, brace yourself - that time is here. As of today, July 1, it is no more. So, what to do?
If you have been using it to follow my blog, or if you would like to start following my blog (major hint, hint!), you can sign-up on the sidebar to to the right to receive it directly by email, through another reader like Feedly or Digg, or through the service I have chosen called Bloglovin'. If you are unfamiliar with Bloglovin', it is a great way to keep up with any and all blogs you adore. You can even easily import your current list of Google Reader blogs into their service with just the click of a button (better do it today), and it is not scary or hard to sign-up with them...I promise!
Would you like a little tutorial in the process? No problem!
1. Click on the Bloglovin' box on the side bar to the right, or go directly to www.bloglovin.com. Your screen will look like this:
2. Click on the big, blue "join" button. Once you do, you will see this screen:
3. You can then choose to set up an account by way of Facebook or by email. When I did it, I chose email so I could import my list of blogs from Google Reader. The next screen will look like this if you choose email:
4. Once you fill your information, you will receive a verification email. Go to your email and clink on the link in that email.
5. Now comes the really easy part. You simply click on the blue box (like on the sample screen below), then the "accept" box, and - TA DA! - all the work is done for you.
Congratulations; you've done it! To follow my blog by Bloglovin', you can click this link or go to the side bar and click on the Bloglovin' box. If you haven't previously been following this blog, there's no time like the present to join in:) And if you have been following, thank you! I can't begin to tell you how much I appreciate you!!